Agent Uninstall or New Agent Registration
If you wish to remove the Windows agent from the computer (including its agent registration within Bluetrait) then please follow these steps.
- Uninstall "Bluetrait Agent" from add/remove programs on the local computer
- Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetrait Agent" folder or "C:\Program Files\Bluetrait Agent" on 32bit versions of Windows
- Delete the agent from Bluetrait
This will remove all previously downloaded scripts/files etc and also remove the configuration file. The configuration file is what determines the agent checks-in against in Bluetrait.
Otherwise if you wish to simply create a new registration in Bluetrait.
- Delete the "C:\Program Files (x86)\Bluetrait Agent\config.json" file.
- Restart the "BluetraitAgent" service from the services page in Windows.
Bulk Deploy Windows
If you don't have a way to run scripts on existing machines easily the best option for bulk installing the agent on Windows machines is to use the Microsoft PsExec tool. You can download it here.
You will need a common admin username and password on all machines.
psexec @computers.txt /accepteula -u "domain\username" -p "password" -d -s cmd /c "msiexec.exe /I "\\uncpath\Setup\BluetraitInstaller.msi" /quiet /norestart"
This will read the computer name or IP address from computers.txt and then connect to them with user/pass. You will need Bluetrait MSI on a open network drive.
To uninstall the linux agent.
systemctl stop btagent
systemctl disable btagent
rm -rf /opt/msp-agent/
To uninstall the MacOS agent version 1.5 please follow these steps.
- Open terminal
- Run: sudo launchctl unload "/Library/LaunchDaemons/net.dalegroup.bluetraitagent.plist"
- Run: sudo rm /Library/LaunchDaemons/net.dalegroup.bluetraitagent.plist
- Run: rm -rf /opt/msp-agent/
To deploy the mac agent remotely you can run (requires swift tools installed for 10.14.3 or lower):
- curl -o MacAgentInstaller.pkg 'https://example.buetrait.com/simple/msp_download_agent?os=mac&access_key=xxxx'
- installer -pkg MacAgentInstaller.pkg -target /
Added Wednesday 1st July 2020 Last modified Sunday 11th July 2021